Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jennifer Rumple Biggest Loser clean eating tips


I am a huge fan of the Biggest loser and also of Jennifer Rumple the season 12 at home winner. I have always felt that I could relate to her since we are fairly close in age. She shared some great simple tips on clean eating and since I have been really trying to “eat clean’ rather than follow a specific diet plan.  Sometimes I over analyze what I should be eating-Jennifer's post kind of shook me back to reality.



The SIMPLE LIST:

1) DO NOT EAT ANYTHING PROCESSED. Anything in a box, a can, a package ... do not buy. Do not eat. You'll be amazed how your palate changes and no longer needs the sugary, salty, fatty stuff for things to taste yummy! Trust me on this! Just give your taste buds time to adjust.
2) Stick to lean meats like chicken, turkey, fish, egg whites. Red meat is okay on occasion, but be sure it's a lean cut and ONLY on occasion.
3) Write down everything you put in your mouth and track your calories all day long. It's the best way to monitor your intake of food ... and know when you've hit your limit and you need to STOP!
4) Complex carbs are okay. Whole foods like apples, carrots, wheat pasta, multi-grain breads/cereals. Our bodies need these carbs because they contain incredible nutrients. I try to limit my carbs in the evening. Remember one of Bob's Harper MANY truths ... "LEAN AND GREEN!"
5) Water, water, water, water. And when you think you've had enough for the day ... have another glass! :) It's key!


No comments:

Post a Comment