Sunday, December 4, 2011

Low Carb Portobello Mushroom Crust Pizza


Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms


Saturday nights at our house are pizza nights!  With 3 boys we are running around with sports, cub scouts etc.  Sometimes it is take out, sometimes thrown on some Boboli and sometimes just frozen pizza.  As I am really trying to cut down on the starches and sugar, none of those are really 100% appetizing to me.

Low Carb pizza bowl recipe


I usually do a pizza bowl.  I get a decent size soup bowl. Spray the bottom with oil, put a bit of mozzarella cheese, pick a couple of pepperonis from their pizzas, do some red onion, lots of tomato and a bit of sauce and some mozzarella cheese on top.

Low carb portobello mushroom pizza


This week I came cross another great idea and I think it will be my go to for pizza as it was so filling.

Basically they are stuffed portabella mushrooms with pizza stuff! I got 2 large portabella mushrooms and baked them at 400 for 5 minutes and then put some mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes, a couple of pepperoni slices and  onion. You  can add peppers, sausage

I was so full after I ate them.... that I didn't go near the kitchen for the rest of the night!




4 comments:

  1. Some clever ideas there. I am about to embark on a low GI carb/high protein diet and these could be great alternatives for my Friday night pizza night! Thanks for Rewinding. I am late getting around to the blogs this week but happy to be here. We are back on Jan 6 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. MM you will really enjoy it! I am doing every Saturday night for our pizza night now. It is so yummy and filling.

    ReplyDelete