Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Turnng 40 in 3 months

I have been on a misson since my last birthday to get fit and fab for my 40th birthday in October, I think I have been on every diet known to man kind since I was in my late teens and early 20s and dieted myself up from 130 to 226 over the last 20 years.

Last August with a trip pending to Las vegas for a convention I hit the scale at 226. I cried and cried-how did I let myself get this way. Being 5'2 inches tall that means I have over a 42 inch waist and I can't even tell you about my bubbies.

I went to really just making sure I was eating healthy and got down about 8 lbs in 3 weeks and those 8lbs were pretty much off until the holidays. I was doing a Sunday and Monday 2 day fast from when I did LA weight loss. I wasn't too bad but not too good either. I have a binge eating problem especially with chips and the salty food.

The New Year came and I was at 220-I had been reading the Alternate-Day Diet also known as Dr Johnson Upday down down diet. Basically you alternate 500 calorie days with higher 1800 days to make your metabolism rev up. I did that through April and had some success. I did the 500 calories a day on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. The other days I ate what I needed to eat. I got down as a low as 206 in the 2nd week of March but but May I was back up to 214 again.

So after hitting the scale back at 214 on the 2nd Friday morning I decided to hit South Beach diet again I never to get rid of the bad carbs from my diet and focus on good carbs. I had a business trip to San Diego for conference on the folllowing Tuesday so I knew I wouldn't be the best either. My offical first day of South Diet phase one diet was on Fri May 14th. I am down to 201. I have lost 25 lbs since I started last August.

I am still doing South Diet and am my cravings have gone away. I have been on 2 business trips since May and I stayed on plan. I had a family weekend on the July 4th weekend which is normally called food camp.


3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Sounds like things are going the right way! Stopping by from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was about what you weighed when i started but in kilos 104.2kg.
    Sounds like you have a good plan to start with. Followingyou now through the Fat to Fit Blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the commets!

    ReplyDelete